Station 14 houses an engine. The land that the station was constructed on used to be a Borden Dairy cow pasture, however, the property was eventually acquired by Jefferson Parish. Its first due area includes numerous residential properties, a large industrial park, and a sizeable train switching yard. The original station was flooded during Hurricane Katrina and was subsequently torn down. In the interim crews operated out of a temporary trailer located in Metairie Playground at the corner of Peters Tract and Stroelitz St. (Check under the Extra Alarms section to see the new station's progress from beginning to end.) The brand 3 story station officially opened in November 2009.
1714 Edinburgh Street
Old Station: Opened: 1954; Renovated: 1986; Demolished 2006
New Station: Opened: November 16, 2009; Officially: November 30, 2009
No Photo Currently Available